Tampa Probate Lawyer
At Older Lundy Koch & Martino, our Tampa probate lawyers have the skills and technical knowledge that you and your family can rely on. We have experience handling the full range of probate matters. If you have any or concerns questions about probate, professional guidance and support is available. To schedule your fully confidential initial consultation with a top-rated Florida probate law attorney, please give us a call or contact us directly online.
An Overview of Probate in Florida
Broadly defined, probate is the legal process through which a person’s estate is settled and their property/assets are distributed to their selected beneficiaries. During probate, any will must be produced, creditor claims must be resolved, and the appropriate heirs must be notified. Here is an overview of probate in Florida:
- A Will Must Be Confirmed: Under Florida law, a person’s will should be submitted to the probate court within ten days of their passing. The probate court must confirm the validity of the will. If there is no will, then the person’s estate will be controlled by Florida’s intestate succession laws.
- Probate Covers Most Assets: Assets that pass through a will are subject to Florida’s probate laws. That being said, not all assets are required to go through probate. Some property is transferred automatically, such as a house owned jointly by a married couple or a retirement account with a properly designated beneficiary.
- Several Versions of Probate: In Florida, there are several versions of probate. The most comprehensive is the formal administration process. Also known as regular probate, it is the full probate process. Some smaller estates are eligible for a less intensive alternative called summary administration. If the total value of the estate is less than $75,000, summary administration may be a viable option. Finally, disposition without administration (no probate) may be an option for very small estates.
How the Tampa Probate Lawyers at Older Lundy Koch & Martino Can Help
Probate can be complicated. At Older Lundy Koch & Martino, our legal team has helped people and families navigate Florida’s probate process for nearly two decades. No matter your situation, we can help. Among other things, our Florida probate attorneys are prepared to:
- Review your case and answer your probate law questions;
- Help you complete all required probate paperwork;
- Gather documents, records, and other information; and
- Take whatever action is needed to protect your best interests.
We know that each and every client’s case is unique. Our Tampa, FL probate lawyers will put in the time, resources, and attention to detail to identify the solution that is best suited for your specific circumstances. We will protect your rights and work to help you achieve a successful resolution.
Call Our Tampa Probate Law Attorneys for Immediate Help
At Older Lundy Koch & Martino, our Tampa probate lawyers provide reliable, effective representation to people and families. If you have any questions or concerns about probate in Florida, we are here as a resource. Contact us today for a strictly confidential initial consultation. With offices in Tampa, Dade City, Trinity, and Clearwater, we serve communities throughout the region, including in Hillsborough County, Pasco County, and Pinellas County.